- What is your name/stage name?
- My stage name is YB.
- When is your birthday?
- Where are you from?
- Originally from Pine Bluff Arkansas.
- What do you do?
- I’m a full-time recording artist and an executive of 2 independent record labels.
- How long have you been making music?
- I’ve been making music for 10+ years.
- What was your first song/project?
- My first song was “Heaven Gates” from my first album “Salvation”.
- Who’s your inspiration?
- My inspiration comes from life itself. I’m a very reflective person so I’m my most creative when I allow myself the time to sit, be still, and absorb what’s happening around me.
- What genre of music do you create?
- My genre of music is Christian Rap.
- Do you come up with your video concepts?
- I love everything creative, so 90% of my music video concepts came me and my team’s drawing board.
- What was it like working with _____________
- Working with 100graham has been dope. He’s young and hungry. I work well with anyone who’s hungry.
- What are some features you have?
- Currently, some of the features entail Hulvey, Wande, Deraj, Quinten Coblentz, Joey Vantes, Mike Teezy, GodFearin, and Coop. There’s plenty more on the way!
- What are some features you want to get?
- Snaggin a record with KB or Swoope would be crazy. As well as Andy. I’m a big fan of what those guys have contributed to our space.
- Who’s one person, dead or alive, that you’d want to work with?
- Adele, hands down.
- Are you signed to a label?
- Yes, I’m currently signed to Bold Records.
- Do you want a record deal, a distribution deal, or none?
- That’s tricky. For me, adding as much value as I can is the most important part to my journey. From that reference point I’ll let the pieces fall as they may.
- Who are your biggest supporters?
- Man, my wife, mom, and my day one supporters. They were there before a lot of the motion we have today. They’ve been solid.
- Where did your name come from?
- I got the name YB from my older brother. In my early years, he was on me tough about work ethic and having a vision. The role he played early on is invaluable.
- Do you write your own material?
- All of it.
- What’s your favorite music to listen to?
- Sam Cooke is definitely a favorite.
- What are you currently working on?
- Man, a lot. I’m always focusing on the next “thing” so for now, my greatest focus is beefing up the rollout for the new release “No Warnings”.
- What is your latest release?
- No Warnings
- When is your next release?
- Nothing is set in stone at the moment, but the plan is to drop again, VERY SOON.
- Are you the type to pull up alone or with a group of people?
- Oof, I’ve never been a crowd type, so if you see a group with me, you gotta know they’re solid.
- What is one stage you want to sell-out?
- House of Blue in Orlando FL. That’s my biggest support group, so going there and selling out would be wild!
25. What’s the biggest crowd that you have performed for?
- My largest crowd was an audience of 4,000.
26. Who’s someone you can see yourself on tour with?
- Hitting the road with Andy would be wild!
27. Who produces your music?
- I would with a group of producers but my go to producers are: 100graham, Jesse Calentine, and GodFrame.
28. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Somewhere giving back in a major way. Whether that’s artist, entrepreneurs, or communities. No matter where I’m headed giving back is critical.
29. What’s your favorite place to travel to?
- As of now, my favorite spot would have to be, New Albany Indiana. It’s mad peaceful out there.
30. Did COVID change your career for better or worse?
- It definitely changed my career and thank God it was for the better. COVID, gave me the time to focus on the things I was too busy to tend to.