1. How would you describe your musical style?
My style is kind of a mix of R&B and hip hop. If I had to choose similar artists, I would say a mix of Bryson Tiller, Juice WRLD, Travis Scott, Luh Kel, and Lil Uzi all into one. That’s a lot I know but I always try different styles to increase my versatility.
2. What is the first album you owned? Well we live in a streaming world now and I would say that the first album I downloaded would technically be the Invincible and Dangerous albums by Michael Jackson. I grew up listening to him as a baby and have always idolized his creativity and legacy as an artist
3. How do you prepare before going up on stage? I haven’t had a performance as an artist yet but I used to do a lot of talent shows and solos when I was younger and a part of choirs in school and even in church.
4. If we’re going to buy you a drink, what should it be? Shhhh I’m not legal age yet so I can’t answer that lol
5. What’s a song that has been stuck in your head these days? Always Forever by Bryson Tiller, Tesla Speed by SoFaygo, and Don’t Miss by SoFaygo.
6. Who’s your favorite artist? My favorite artist ever is between Michael Jackson and Juice WRLD. At the moment, Bryson Tiller, The Kid LAROI, and SoFaygo are my top three on the scene right now.
7. Tell us about the first song you made. Was it a success or a failure? I made a lot of trash songs on SoundCloud using GarageBand on my iPad and I swore up and down that they were good. Looking back on it now they are garbage LOL, but it’s little things that I used to do that I still do in some of my songs. My first song on all platforms was Driftin and it actually did pretty good for my first studio release and I received a lot of positive feedback.
8. What is the story behind ——————- The story behind Driftin was I took a year off from making music because quarantine hit. My most recent song at the time was Show You Off which was released on SoundCloud show you off was my first semi-good song because it was the first song I made with my producer AustinPlays, who was also still learning at the time. I bought my very first mic and audio interface to record professionally with during quarantine and the summer of 2020. After planning on releasing my album The Power of Love, we couldn’t get the mix right and it was a lot of little things that I was doing wrong. I instead decided to fix all the mistakes I was making and release my first studio released single called Driftin. The album was re-recorded and tweaked before it came out in June 2021.
9. If you could pick one or the other what would you choose, the money or the fame? Money for sure. My goal as an artist is to be financially successful and be able to take care of myself and my family without the struggles. Fame doesn’t mean anything to me if it means not having money. Don’t get it twisted though I most definitely would like to have both.
10. If you could go back in time or in the future which one would you choose and why? If I had the option I would choose neither, but for the sake of this question I would definitely say the future. Stressing about the past does nothing but hold you back from your future, you know? There’s plenty of books and media to show me all I need to know about the past. That’s what we took history and social studies classes for right? Haha anyways, every scientist out there right now is making new discoveries to better our future and to clarify the past right? So I really have no reason personally to want to go to the past. I’m always focused on my future.